A sacred history. An inspired future.
For more than 130 years of its history, The Villa at Florham Park was known as Saint Anne Villa, a private retirement residence for the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth, a Roman Catholic congregation in Morris County.
Saint Anne Villa first opened in 1883 on the site of what was originally the first Motherhouse at Convent Station, now known as Seton House. The current location on Park Avenue was constructed during the term of Mother Mary Grata and was dedicated in 1930. As the need for the services of Saint Anne Villa increased, the Lourdes wing was added in two stages in 1958 and in 1965.
In December 2002, the new Saint Anne Villa opened its doors. The renovations included 80 rooms for long-term care, an enclosed courtyard and additional areas for activities, therapy, relaxation and prayer. Construction resumed in January 2004, adding 21 Assisted Living suites, along with parking and a private entrance. This final phase connected the two buildings on several floors, joining at The Villa’s chapel.
In 2016, Lutheran Social Ministries of New Jersey purchased The Villa from the Sisters of Charity Saint Elizabeth and opened its doors to serve those of any faith in need of Assisted Living, Memory Support, Skilled Nursing, or Rehabilitation services. Today, The Villa is a senior care community where people come to enjoy a uniquely rich, spiritually satisfying life.